We’re all biased. Our experiences shape who we are, and our race, ethnicity, gender, height, weight, sexual orientation, place of birth, and other factors impact the lens with which we view the world. In this course, diversity expert Stacey A. Gordon helps you recognize and acknowledge your own biases so that you can identify them when making decisions, and prevent yourself from making calls based on a biased viewpoint. Stacey explains some of the most common forms that a bias takes: affinity bias, halo bias, perception bias, and confirmation bias. She helps you recognize the negative effects of bias within your organization, as well as the benefits to be realized by uncovering bias in decision-making processes. Finally, she outlines strategies for overcoming personal and organizational bias.
- Recognize when unconscious bias occurs and why it’s important to understand.
- Explore how unconscious bias is relevant in the business worlds.
- Identify three strategies to counteract potential unconscious bias.
- Define confirmation bias.
- Review the meaning of the Halo Effect.
- Explore the effects group think can have in a professional setting.
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
Continuing Professional Education Credit (CPE): 0.5
Project Management Institute (PMI)®